Here you find the current press releases for ALTANA.
Here you find the current press releases for ALTANA.
• The world's first 3D printer that combines previously unattainable productivity with high precision via a continuously rotating print platform, thus pointing the way from prototyping to industrial series production
• This allows components to be produced up to 20 times faster in larger numbers and with a maximum build volume of around 700 liters
• The technology can process a wide variety of materials in a single pass using the Multi Material Jetting process
• The modular design also enables uninterrupted combination with other automated processes, such as assembly with electronic components (pick & place)
• New building inaugurated for around 140 IT and digitalization employees
• Innovative work environment of around 3,000 square meters co-designed by employees
• 9 million euros invested
With its latest innovation for thermoplastics, BYK contributes to serve the growing demand for sustainable solutions and enabling developments related to the needs of the automobile industry for lightweight construction. At K 2019 (Booth E17, Hall 5, October 16 to 23, Dusseldorf), the world’s no. 1 trade show for plastics, BYK presents BYK-MAX CT 4270
Dr. Stephan Glander, President of ALTANA’s BYK division, is leaving the company by mutual agreement in order to take up new challenges outside the ALTANA Group. For the next months, he will support the ALTANA Management Board in a strategic consulting role. ALTANA Management Board member Dr. Christoph Schlünken will take over the divisional management of BYK and all related functions ad interim with immediate effect until a successor for this position is found.
• Includes all technology and products
• Will be incorporated into the Instruments Business Line of ALTANA’s BYK division
• Strengthens position as technology leader in instrumentation solutions with refinish color matching and formulation software for automotive OEM
• Strong investments in research and development, digitalization, and locations worldwide
• Sales decline by 4 percent to 1,154 million euros
• EBITDA margin reaches 19.2 percent
• Forecast for the year as a whole: sales roughly at previous year's level
• Includes all technology, products, and the ongoing business of the company
• Will be incorporated into the Instruments Business Line of the BYK Division of ALTANA
• Strengthens position as technology leader in Physical Testing Instruments and expands business mainly in the Americas
The specialty chemicals group ALTANA has acquired the operating assets of the Paul N. Gardner Company Inc. of Pompano Beach FL, USA. Within the ALTANA Group, the business will be integrated into the Instruments Business Line of the BYK Division (BYK-Gardner), and will continue to operate as Paul N. Gardner.
• “Jugend gründet” nationwide final on June 24 and 25, 2019, at the Porsche Training Center in Stuttgart
• The prize: a trip to one of the largest research and development sites of the specialty chemicals company ALTANA in the U.S.
• Investment: around 10 million euros
• Space for research and development doubled
• New headquarters for simulation of future packaging trends
• Specialty chemicals company expanding its presence in Asia through biggest single investment in China so far
• New integrated site to better serve needs of customers locally
• Sales increase by 3 percent to €2,307 million
• EBITDA reaches €431 million
• Research and development expenditure increases by 8 percent
• The winning team prevailed against 14 competitors from all ALTANA divisions
• The strong innovative strength of the additive flagship product BYK®-3560 extends BYK’s leading market position
• Specialty chemicals group expanding its digital printing technology portfolio
• Emphasis on new technology for high-speed digital “Direct-to-Shape” printing
• Technology already deployed and multiple high-value strategic accounts secured
Thorsten Kröller, currently Head of the Business Line Plastics Additives at the BYK Division, will assume the leadership of the ACTEGA Division as of March 1, 2019. He will succeed Dr. Roland Peter, who is going to retire. At the same time, Thorsten Kröller will join ALTANA’s Executive Management Team.
Under the theme “Discover”, ECKART opens up a new universe of possibilities for competitive differentiation through product refinement by metallic and pearlescent effect pigments for labels and packaging.
BYK-Gardner - worldwide partner of the automotive, paint and plastic industries for
quality control of color, appearance and physical properties - is introducing the
Gardner-scrub ECE 43.
This year’s “BYK Advance” prize has been awarded to the team behind the development of a new family of hydrophilic additives, with its flagship BYK-3560.
BYK-Gardner, a global leader in the field of measuring color and appearance and testing physical properties of plastic, coatings and cosmetics is introducing a new member of the well-proven micro-gloss family. The new micro-gloss 60° robotic enables automatic measurement of surface gloss.
ACTEGA North America to feature In-mold coatings, UV ink systems, narrow web digital primers and special effects coatings at Labelexpo Americas.