The application conditions for any piece of electrical equipment can be extreme. It is therefore vitally important that insulation systems for motors, generators and transformers are designed around the most critical conditions. The right selection of insulating components including Flexible Electrical Insulation for the various voltages and temperature classes is paramount to the integrity of the electrical equipment.
Flexible Electrical Insulation layers protect insulated wires from coming into contact with steel cores, hold wires in place, and provide a phase-to-phase barrier. To protect the conductor and insulation structure against mechanical, electrical, environmental and thermal stress, the whole winding is then consolidated using a compatible resin system. Typical Flexible Electrical Insulation applications are slot liners, phase insulations, wedges and slot closures.
The Advanced Flexible Electrical Insulation - raising performance to the next level
- is the debut product solution in a new ELANTAS product family, which expands the potential of flexible insulation compared with conventional laminate combinations.
- is an innovative material ideally matched to the performance required while operating at temperature ranges up to 200 °C, ensuring that electrical machines have a long and reliable service life.
- is designed for low-voltage motors, generators and transformers to protect insulated copper from the steel core and where phase-to-phase insulation is required.
- can easily be preformed so it is excellent for use as a slot closure or in areas where formed insulation is essential.
- Approved by standards specifications for use in electronics applications as flexible dielectric substrate for Flexible Printed Circuit (FPC) and Printed Electronics (PE) manufacturers.
- is fully compatible with a wide range of impregnating and potting resins.