ALTANA achieved double-digit growth in the first half of 2021. In the first six months of the year, the specialty chemicals group’s sales rose by 24 percent to 1,334 million euros compared to the same period of the previous year (1,078 million euros), which was significantly influenced by the coronavirus pandemic.
• Sales of 2,178 million euros, 3 percent below the previous year’s level
• ACTEGA division grows by 9 percent
• EBITDA increases by 2 percent to 426 million euros
• Research and development spending remains at a high level
• CO2 footprint reduced by 50 percent
• Forecast for 2021: growth in the course of economic recovery